Looking for gift ideas for minimalist men can be a challenge. Most gift ideas are completely based in consumerism and many men don’t want a lot of things. Choosing minimalist gifts for him can be stressful too!
How can you give him a meaningful gift without giving him stuff he doesn’t need or want?
I created this list of gift ideas filled with consumable gifts, meaningful gifts, practical gifts, experience gifts, plus some other gift ideas he might like for Father’s day, Birthdays, Christmas, or any other celebration!
Many of the gifts on this list are lower priced so as to be affordable for any budget. If you have a bigger budget, combine some of the ideas and get him a variety of things
This quote about gifting by the minimalist, Joshua Becker, is easy to agree with!
― Joshua Becker
1) Needs over wants
2) Quality over quantity
3) Experiences over possessions
4) Gift list as early as possible
5) Consumables over non consumables.
Definitely read it again and let it sink in. And if you’re interested, check out these other minimalism quotes.
I’m especially a fan of “needs over wants”. Pretty much any gift can be perfect for a minimalist guy if it’s something he actually needs! The only way you’ll know what they need is to ask him to write a gift list.
When in doubt, go for high quality, practical gifts, consumable gifts, meaningful gifts, and experiences. These are excellent gift ideas for minimalist men because they’re not going to add unwanted clutter to his life (or yours!).
This article contains a list of minimalist gift ideas for him (dads, husbands, boyfriends, or any other adult men in your life) so you’ll never again wonder what to buy for the minimalist on your list! You can also refer to this other list of gifts for a minimalist.
I’ve included Etsy shopping links for those who prefer handmade items or want to support small businesses, and I’ve also included Amazon links because I know how convenient they are to many of you!
This page contains affiliate links which means I may earn a commission if you use them, at no additional cost to you. See disclosure policy for details.
The top minimalist gifts for him:
1. Consumable Gift Ideas
Dudes love getting consumable gifts like food and drinks.
Consumable gifts are great for a minimalist because once they’re used, they’re gone. There is nothing left to clutter his home (or mind!).
Smaller consumable gifts like a jar of gourmet jam, ½ dozen cookies, or a bag of gourmet coffee beans make excellent stocking stuffers or low budget gifts for a minimalist dude as well!
I listed a few consumable gift ideas below, or read the full list of over 100 consumable gift ideas for under $25!
Personal care items:
- bamboo toothbrush (Amazon)
- hand made soap (Amazon)
- shampoo bar (Amazon)
- conditioner bar (Amazon)
- razor blade refills (Amazon)
- deodorant (Amazon)
- natural loofah sponge (Amazon)
His favorite beverage:
- gourmet coffee beans (Amazon)
- loose leaf tea (Amazon)
- specialty tea like these Harry Potter & Outlander themed teas!
- Soda Stream flavor syrups
- drink flavoring crystals/liquids
- old fashioned soda
- hot cocoa mix (Amazon)
- hot apple cider mix
- bitters (Amazon)
- gin making kit (Amazon)
- protein powder
- sports drinks
- electrolyte rehydration mix
His favorite treat:
His favorite food:
- flavor infused olive oil (Amazon)
- herb infused vinegar (Amazon)
- gourmet jelly (Amazon)
- fresh fruit basket
- holiday cookies (Amazon)
- apple butter (Amazon)
- cookies in a jar
- brownies in a jar
- hot sauce (Amazon)
- BBQ sauce (Amazon)
- gourmet mustard (Amazon)
- Jamaican jerk sauce (Amazon)
- Homemade food like jam, applesauce, pickled vegetables, deer sausage, wild caught fish
- Homemade baking such as bread, muffins, cookies
- Homemade convenience meals like freezer meals for a quick dinner on a busy night
2. Give meaningful gifts
Minimalists know the value of quality time with loved ones far surpasses any physical gift you could give.
This can be combined with giving an experience as a gift or could be a coupon to be redeemed for a massage from you.
Some meaningful gift ideas:
- Printable massage voucher (Amazon)
- Board game night (Amazon)
- Personalized photo book
- Date night coupons (Amazon)
- Hand written card (Amazon)
- Hand written letter on pretty stationery (Amazon)
- Customized get-out-of-chores coupons
- Dinner at a nice restaurant
- 2 tickets to do something together, like a cooking class
See some options for minimalist cards
3. Give practical items as gifts
Minimalist guys usually enjoy practical gifts because they know they’re going to use them.
The difference between the usual way of giving these gifts, and giving them to a minimalist is that you need to make sure that he wants the exact item that you’re getting.
You need to ask him what he wants, or listen carefully into conversations and find out what he’s been talking about.
See what he likes on social media. Perhaps the brands he follows might give you a bit of insight as well, but it’s best to ask him to be sure.
Some examples of practical items he might like are:
- subscription to a service he uses like Spotify or Audible
- a Kindle (so he can read all the books he wants without any clutter!)
- cooking equipment like a good quality paring knife or one of these minimalist kitchen knives
- next year’s calendar (Amazon)
- winter clothing
- gift card to his favorite store
- grocery or gas gift card
- free car wash certificate
- donation in his name
The key here is basics!
Do not give a minimalist guy fancy things that can only be used once in a while like #1 dad shirt, Christmas socks or an avocado slicer. Give him something he’ll actually use all the time or use up completely!
4. Give experiences as gifts
Experiences are the perfect gift for minimalists because an experience is kind of like two gifts in one.
He’ll love it because he’ll get a gift that will be gone once used, preventing clutter, but also save him money on entertainment later on.
Bonus if you get 2 tickets so you can go together and spend quality time with him!
Here are some ideas of experience gifts for minimalists:
- Escape games
- Cooking classes
- Theatre tickets
- Museum pass
- Art gallery passes
- Concert tickets
- Sporting even tickets
Stick to your budget by checking discount companies like Groupon where they have experiences for up to 75% off!
5. Other Minimalist Gifts For Him
- minimalist wallet
- minimalist backpack
- minimalist belt
- minimalist watch
- indoor mushroom growing kit (Amazon)
- live house plant
- golf balls (Amazon)
- golf glove (Amazon)
- day planner (Amazon)
- gourmet dog treats (Amazon)
- gourmet cat treats (Amazon)